Social Studies Tuition (Sec 3) Schedule
|SUBJ/LEVEL||Branch||Date & Time||Tutor||Availability|
|SS / S3||Marymount||Sat, 2:15-4:15pm||Noel Ong||Available|
|SS / S3||Ang Mo Kio||Sat, 11:15-1:15pm||Noel Ong||Available|
Social studies is a compulsory subject for humanities in secondary school and carries a equal (50%) weighting in contribution to the O Level Examination assessment format. The aim of the Secondary 3 O Level Social Studies tuition programme is enable students to develop critical and creative thinking abilities to help them assimilate into the society and contribute responsibly to the nation and the world they live in.
Upon completion of this programme, students will learn how to:Upon completion of this programme, students will learn how to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of societal issues.
- Analyse societal issues through different perspectives
- Interpret and evaluate sources of given information through logical and methodical inquiry
- Draw fair and balanced inferences through analytical discernment and the ability to detect biases inherent in opinion and judgement
- Construct reasoned arguments and make informed judgement and recommendations in relation to a range of social issues
Topics covered include:
- Exploring Citizenship and Governance
- Living in a Diverse Society
- Being Part of a Globalised World
Who Should Attend
Secondary 3 Students
- Seeking O Level Social Studies tuition for the reinforcement and mastery of core subject matter through conscientious and regular supplemental learning
- Aiming for a competitive edge towards achieving academic excellence in the Social Studies components of the O Level Combined Humanities examinations
- Seeking topical revisions to address knowledge gaps and weaknesses in the understanding of Secondary School Social Studies curriculum
Our strong team of O-Level tuition teachers are highly qualified and experienced in preparing students for a O-level Social Studies exams. They’re very passionate about educating young people and they connect well to the students, which is an important trait for imparting knowledge and skills. These NIE-trained O-Level tuition teachers deliver lessons in an engaging and enjoyable way, making it useful and effective in helping students improve their scores.