English Tuition (Sec 3) Schedule
|SUBJ/LEVEL||Branch||Date & Time||Tutor||Availability|
|English / S3||Marymount||Sun, 1:00-3:00pm||TBA||Available|
|English / S4||Marymount||Sat, 11:15-1:15pm||TBA||Available|
|A-Math / S3||Marymount||Sun, 2:00-4:00pm||Mr Gnan||Available|
|A-Math / S3||Kembangan||Sat, 11:15-1:15pm||Mr Gnan||Available|
|A-Math / S4||Marymount||Sat, 1:30-3:30pm||Mr Gnan||Available|
|A-Math / S4||Marymount||Sun, 4:15-6:15pm||Mr Gnan||Available|
|E-Math / S3||Marymount||TBA||Zoe Chong||Available|
|E-Math / S4||Marymount||Sat, 1:30-3:30pm||Zoe Chong||Available|
|Chem / S3||Marymount||Sun, 3:30-4:30pm||Mr Ellington Ong||Available|
|Chem / S4||Marymount||Sun, 1:30-3:30pm||Mr Ellington Ong||Available|
|Bio / S4||Kembangan||Sun, 11:15-1:15pm||Mr Prhabagaran||Available|
|Bio/ S4||Jurong||Sat, 2:15-4:15pm||Mr Prhabagaran||Available|
|SS / S4||Marymount||Sun, 1:15-3:15pm||Noel Ong||Available|
|SS / S3||Marymount||Sat, 9:00-11:00am||Noel Ong||Available|
Our O Level English tuition for Secondary 3 programme focuses on understanding, recognising and classifying of English O Level examination Paper 1 and 2 question types and their success criteria, we help students develop independent learning strategies to enhance their examinations performance and enable students achieve their full academic potential. It is this holistic approach to developing core learning skills are fundamental to both academic and exam success, and helps the student to adapt and cope with the challenges of this modern, digital age.
Upon completion of this programme, students will acquire essential skills for mastering the key examinable components of composition, comprehension and summary. These include:
- continuous vocabulary enrichment
- enhancement of composition skills to exhibit logical progression and clarity of thought with nuanced writing
- improving comprehension skills through crtical understanding, answer precision and error analysis
- refinement of summary skills by learning to paraphrase ideas and concepts rather than the direct substitution with synonyms
- students will hone their time management skills through practice tests under exam conditions.
- Mastery of grammar and paraphrasing skills by practising grammar drills, editing and sentence reconstruction exercises.
- Knowledge of how punctuation and word sequencing can inflect meaning across a variety of texts.
- Confidence in speaking knowledgeably and persuasively in English through activities such as presentations, vlogging, fun debates and interviews
- Awareness of global issues and social trends like urbanisation, the environment, ethical food, technology and science and climate change,
- Development of life critical skills such as communication for collaboration and leadership
- Development of a global perspective and build their content knowledge for use in their essays through specially curated comprehension, summary and critical thinking passages
Who Should Attend
Secondary 3 Students
- Seeking O Level English tuition for the reinforcement and English language proficiency through conscientious and regular supplemental learning and practice
- Aiming for a competitive edge towards achieving academic excellence in the O Level English examination
- Seeking exposure and access to a wider range of discussion topics and real world examples to broaden their general knowledge and improve their abilities for critical analysis
Our strong team of O-Level tuition teachers are highly qualified and experienced in preparing students for a O-level English exams. They’re very passionate about educating young people and they connect well to the students, which is an important trait for imparting knowledge and skills. These NIE-trained O-Level tuition teachers deliver lessons in an engaging and enjoyable way, making it useful and effective in helping students improve their scores.