A Math Tuition (Sec 3 ) Schedule
|SUBJ/LEVEL||Branch||Date & Time||Tutor||Availability|
|English / S3||Marymount||Sun, 1:00-3:00pm||TBA||Available|
|English / S4||Marymount||Sat, 11:15-1:15pm||TBA||Available|
|A-Math / S3||Marymount||Sun, 9:00-11:00am||Mr Gnan||Available|
|A-Math / S4||Marymount||Fri, 5:00-7:00pm||Mr Gnan||Available|
|E-Math / S3||Marymount||Sat, 1:30-3:30pm||Zoe Chong||Available|
|E-Math / S4||Marymount||Sat, 11:15-1:15pm||Zoe Chong||Available|
|Chem / S3||Marymount||Mon, 5:00-7:00pm||Mr. Ong||Available|
|Chem / S4||Marymount||Sun, 3:30-5:30pm||Mr. Ong||Available|
|Phys / S4||Marymount||Sun, 1:15-3:15pm||Tan Wei||Available|
|Phys / S3||Marymount||Sun, 11:00-1:00pm||John Lee||Available|
|Bio / S4||Marymount||Sat, 1:30 - 3:30pm||Jeffrey Ling||Available|
|Bio/ S3||Marymount||Sat, 11:00 - 1:00pm||Jeffrey Ling||Available|
|SS / S4||Marymount||Sun, 1:15-3:15pm||Noel Ong||Available|
|SS / S3||Marymount||Sat, 9:00-11:00am||Noel Ong||Available|
Secondary 3 students will be introduced to Additional Mathematics (A Maths) subject for the first time which can pose a challenge for many with complex concepts and complicated formulae. This A Maths Tuition programme provides the instruction, coaching and support required by students to adapt to the steeper learning curve through O Level Master’s unique pedagogical methodology delivered by our award winning qualified A Math Tutors, all with proven track records of success.
Upon completion of this programme, students will:
- Develop their skills in algebraic manipulation of symbolic representations of logarithms, indices and exponents as well as polynomial and trigonometric functions.
- Learn to plot lines, parabolas and circles defined by algebraic equations on a graph.
- Derive proofs of equivalence between trigonometric expressions using trigonometric identities and formulae.
- Hone analytical skills that will enable them to make inferences, draw logical conclusions from the data and evaluate solutions.
- Acquire critical communication skills that will enable them to justify their arguments based on their mathematical explanations, solutions or proofs.
- Indices and Surds,
- Polynomials and Partial fractions,
- Binomial expansions.
- Equations and Inequalities
- Trigonometric identities and functions
- The Addition formula, double-angle formula, and R formula to simplify and solve trigonometric equations.
- Plotting amplitudes and periodicities of trigonometric graphs.
- Sine and cosine functions and their relation to sciences, including the propagation of sound waves.
- Equation of a circle, and the area and perimeter of a rectilinear figure in a 2 dimensional coordinate plane.
Who Should Attend
Secondary 3 Students
- Seeking A Maths Tuition for the reinforcement and mastery of core subject matter through conscientious and regular supplemental learning
- Aiming for a competitive edge towards achieving academic excellence in the O Level A Math examination
- Seeking topical revisions to address knowledge gaps and weaknesses in the understanding of A Maths concepts
Our strong team of O-Level tuition teachers are highly qualified and experienced in preparing students for a O-level A Maths exams. They’re very passionate about educating young people and they connect well to the students, which is an important trait for imparting knowledge and skills. These NIE-trained O-Level tuition teachers deliver lessons in an engaging and enjoyable way, making it useful and effective in helping students improve their scores.