A Math Tuition (Sec 4) Schedule
|SUBJ/LEVEL||Branch||Date & Time||Tutor||Availability|
|A Math / Sec 4||Marymount||Sun, 9:00-11:00am||Peter Duong||Available|
|A Math / Sec 4||Ang Mo Kio||Sat, 3:00-5:00pm||Vincent See||Available|
|A Math / Sec 4||Marymount||Sat, 2:15-4:15pm||Zoe Chong||Available|
The aim of the Secondary 4 Additional Mathematics (A Maths) tuition programme is to thoroughly prepare the student for the O Level A Math examination to achieve results excellence. Students will indelibly benefit from O Level Masters specially curated, proprietary pedagogical framework, clear and concise learning materials and receive high quality instruction and coaching from our award winning O Level A Maths super tutors.
Upon completion of this programme, students will:
- Be introduced to Calculus, the most advanced concept in Secondary Mathematics.
- Attain mastery in Trigonometric and applied calculus problem solving
- Learn to model the motion of an object in a straight line using kinematics concepts.
- Model real-world problems, reformulate them in mathematical terms with suitable assumptions and simplifications, and elicit practical inferences from the mathematical solution.
- Be taught how to identify and classify question types, analyse key information and astutely apply effective strategies to arrive at appropriate solutions under time critical conditions.
- Be taught how to efficiently self monitor and assess their own learning and performance.
- Introduction to geometric theorems, such as the midpoint theorem, tangent chord theorem, congruent and similar triangles
- Construction of formal proofs and explanations of whether a geometrical statement is true.
- Introduction to calculus: concepts of differentiation and integration
- Applications of differentiation and integration to functions and real world physics
Who Should Attend
Secondary 4 Students
- Seeking A Maths tuition for the reinforcement and mastery of core subject matter through conscientious and regular supplemental learning
- Aiming for a competitive edge towards achieving academic excellence in the O Level A Math examination
- Seeking topical revisions to address knowledge gaps and weaknesses in the understanding of A-Maths concepts
- Seeking A Maths Tuition to improve proficiency for all the topics through specially curated practice tests and revision handouts testing foundational knowledge in preparation of O Level A Math examination Paper 1 and 2 questions.
- Looking to hone their performance through practice tests and to learn O Level A Math examination savvy skills such as time management, error analysis and elimination.
Our strong team of O-Level tuition teachers are highly qualified and experienced in preparing students for a O-level A Maths exams. They’re very passionate about educating young people and they connect well to the students, which is an important trait for imparting knowledge and skills. These NIE-trained O-Level tuition teachers deliver lessons in an engaging and enjoyable way, making it useful and effective in helping students improve their scores.